Process Development Scientist - Downstream
Down Stream Process Scientist
Talent International is partnered with an exciting firm that needs a Downstream process development leader. The company focus’s on the development and production of specialty proteins and this role would help write and develop the protocols and SOP’s for the company. If you have experience with tech transfer and scale up from bench to industrial scale you might be a good fit!
The Process Development Scientist will be responsible for:
- Development of purification processes for novel proteins expressed in a variety of microbial and fungal hosts.
- Troubleshoot analytical methods to quantify yield, activity, and purity at various stages of the manufacturing process
- Characterization of the physicochemical properties novel proteins such as pI, molecular size, pH and temperature stability to provide relevant information purification development.
- Development of unit operations at the bench -scale (10L) such as, centrifugation, homogenization, precipitation, ultra-filtration, depth filtration and chromatography.
- Education: MS or Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or Biological Science,
- Strong experience with chromatography, centrifugation, homogenization, micro filtration, ultra-filtration, sterile filtration, etc.
- Sound understanding of protein biochemistry and recombinant protein expression in microbial and mammalian hosts relevant to downstream purification.
- Proficient at protein purification using affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using AKTA FPLC systems.
- Experimental design and data analysis capabilities including Design of Experiments (DOE).