Scientist, Analytical Development (Molecular & Cell Based Assays)
We are looking for a Scientist who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Develop analytical methods for release and characterization of AAV gene therapy vectors.
- Establish molecular and cell-based assay platforms to support rapid advancement of multiple programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on method transfers/qualification sat CMO.
- Establish sample and data management platforms and strategy.
- Establish product specifications and contribute to regulatory filings.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics or related discipline and 1 to 3 years experience required. Master’s degree and 10+ years experience or Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years experience considered.
- Direct industry experience developing molecular and/or cell-based release and characterization assays is required.
- Experience working with contract research or manufacturing organizations is preferred.
- Experience working with viral vectors for gene therapy is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. In addition to clinical development programs in CF, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other serious diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston's Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
Vertex is consistently recognized as one of the industry’s top places to work by Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal and the San Diego Business Journal. Our research and medicines have also received esteemed recognitions, including the Robert J. Beall Therapeutics Development Award, the French Prix Galien and the British Pharmacological Society awards. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.