Scientist – Discovery Biology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for a fresh Ph.D. graduate to join our drug discovery effort as a
research scientist. A successful candidate would be a key member of a multidisciplinary and fast-paced drug hunting team.
- Design and perform research in target discovery and validation
- Employ modern molecular/cell/biochemistry techniques to elucidate cell signaling, protein-protein interaction, cellular function evaluation, protein and antibody characterization etc.
- Introduce new technology or methodology to enhance research productivity
- Present results to senior management and other research staff
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Ph.D. in biological sciences (or expected in the next 12 months)
- Productivity evidenced by high quality publications
- Proven ability to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- No postdoctoral or prior industry experience is required
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, innovative and creative thinker
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with high degree of self-motivation
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"