Scientist - Translational Science
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD level scientist to join the Translational Science department. The successful candidate will have an in depth understanding of cancer immunology and apply this knowledge to advance the development of novel therapeutics. Working closely with the discovery research team, the candidate will develop pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarker plans, addressing the mechanism(s) of action required for anti-tumor efficacy. In addition to fulfilling these requirements as an independent contributor, the candidate will establish and manage external collaborations and contract research. Leveraging clinical samples from ongoing studies, the candidate will develop and execute a research plan to address innate and adaptive resistance mechanisms, and reverse translation efforts to identify novel targets.
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Proficiency in tissue culture and primary immune cell assays
- Strong interpersonal, organization, time-management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Established strong publication record in biomedical science
- Prior experience in myeloid cell biology, or biomarkers for cancer immunotherapy are highly preferred
- PhD in immunology, or relevant scientific field in biomedical sciences with extensive experience in immunology
- Post-doctoral experience in immunology is preferred
- Experience with RNA expression analysis from tissue sections and sorted cells
- Extensive experience working with mouse models of disease, including drug dosing and necropsy
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"