Sales Manager- Immunology
ABL, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diverse backgrounds. ABL, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. For more information click here.
Job Title Sales Manager- Immunology
Advanced Bioscience Laboratory - Rockville, MD 20850 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
Exemption Type Exempt
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Bachelor's Degree
The Sales Manager, Immunology will have primary responsibility for meeting sales and revenue targets for ABL’s Immunology business. The Sales Manager, Immunology, will grow ABL’s Immunology business by targeting new accounts for ABL’s services, qualifying and responding to client inquiries, and managing the sales cycle to successfully close business for qualified opportunities. Through these efforts, the Sales Manager, Immunology will help ABL to grow into one of the top CRO’s in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Have demonstrated ability to prospect for new leads (hunter mentality) within the biopharmaceutical industry requiring preclinical and clinical immunological and molecular laboratory services. Qualify and develop these leads into business opportunities utilizing company database, market research efforts, networking, industry resources, and a personal network of industry contacts.
•Communicate complex technical concepts utilizing a consultative selling approach that can apply ABL’s expertise and capabilities in immunology to address unique preclinical and clinical study requirements.
•Develop strategies to meet and exceed quarterly sales revenue and metric targets through new business/client development activities, expanding key accounts, and aggressively marketing company services to new clients.
•Possess the proven ability to develop project requirements with the client, and prepare business proposals to efficiently respond to RFPs and other requests for project pricing and timeline information.
•Work closely with Proposals and Marketing teams to identify new market opportunities and strategies for business growth.Possess depth of knowledge of the contract research laboratory services market to contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
•Lead meetings and presentations with prospective clients and internal technical experts as needed to demonstrate company expertise and capabilities, qualify leads and drive business wins for ABL’s Immunology services business.
•Prepare and execute client-specific strategies, presentations and other information to respond to client needs and improve the selling experience of ABL’s Immunology services.
•Be professional and engaging when representing the company to industry decision-makers during trade shows, conferences, and other industry events.
•Host client visits, audits and orchestrate off-site presentations on behalf of ABL’s Immunology services. Capture meeting/site visit agendas, call notes, client correspondence on major decisions, proposal templates, etc.
•Record sales and performance metrics for evaluation of win/loss, client satisfaction, lead source, cost competitiveness, desired capabilities, etc.
•Assist in Salesforce administration and data hygiene and be responsible for Salesforce improvements, training, and reporting.
- A background in preclinical and/or clinical studies – scientific, technical, sales, business development or some combination thereof is required. An advanced degree (MS, MBA, or PhD) is preferred.
- A detailed understanding of the stages of preclinical and clinical trial process for biologics is required.
- Experience in selling, marketing or executing CRO studies a plus.
- Have demonstrated the ability to sell to a diverse array of biotech and pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories.
- An established network of contacts matching ABL’s target client base is highly desired.
- Proven leadership track record including strategic thinking, driving innovation, teamwork and collaboration.
- Must be a team player and be able to interact with all echelons of company and client management utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead cross-functional groups to develop effective strategic sales action plans. Ability to motivate teams and work collaboratively to meet aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to assess client needs, and demonstrate how ABL’s services provide the best value in meeting those needs.
- Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com.
Travel Expectation 0 - 25%
ABL, Inc. participates in E-Verify, an Internet-based system of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration, that allows us to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the United States.
- Candidate must meet all the requirements of our Company Occupational Health program as directed by the Occupational Health Consultant to include pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter outlining background and experience as it relates to the position requirements and salary history/requirements. Please note that “negotiable” is neither salary nor requirements. Salary commensurate with experience.
ABL, Inc. does not accept nor respond to unsolicited resumes from vendors, including recruitment agencies and search firms. Approved recruiting agencies must obtain prior approval from ABL, Inc. Human Resources in order to submit resumes to ABL, Inc. for consideration.