Manager, cGMP Facilities & Maintenance
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
The Manager, GMP Facilities & Maintenance position will oversee physical plant services at our cGMP facility in San Carlos, CA. The successful candidate will apply expert knowledge of cGMP process equipment and utilities, automated building systems and building maintenance, calibration and waste management to maintain and improve facility performance and reliability. This position will have responsibility for hands-on work as well as managing internal employees, vendors, and consultants. The position will work closely with all other functions and groups in support of production schedule and project timelines and goals
- Manage staff responsible for the Maintenance and Calibration programs and provide leadership and mentorship. Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Develop, Implement and own a comprehensive maintenance and facility strategy for the site with supporting policies and procedures including metrics.
- Monitor equipment reliability and performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage vendors and manage routine equipment repair and maintenance for: RO/DI water system, CIP system, Clean Steam Generator, Boilers, Chillers, Clean Dry Air, Emergency Generators, Lighting, HVAC, Janitorial, Waste Collection and Disposal, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Parts Washers, Fermentors, TFF and Chrom Skids, etc.
- Manage more complex maintenance and repair of plant and/or office facilities and equipment. Knowledge of basic carpentry, electrical, mechanical, air-conditioning, plumbing, etc. using hand and power tools as required.
- Support client, internal and regulatory audits for area of responsibility.
- Respond to daily facilities work requests; including employee, equipment, and supply moves, plan and schedule according to priorities.
- Manage space planning process (for new hire and moves) by maintaining personnel location maps, assisting in new hire orientation.
- Key participant in expansion and construction projects, managing design and installation of facility improvements with internal staff as well as outside consultants and vendors.
- Manage the security and keycard systems.
- Be available for on-call and weekend duties as assigned/needed.
- Oversee conference room set-up and maintenance of conference rooms and kitchen areas.
- Serve as a member of the Environmental Health and Safety Committee.
- Back-up primary staff collecting and transporting chemical waste containers to the storage area for collection.
- High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred with 8+ of facilities/maintenance experience.
- Hands-on experience maintaining a cGMP facility is required.
- Highly functional in a fast-paced dynamic company with the ability to prioritize issues under differing pressures and to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work independently on day-to-day activities.
- Must have strong computer skills including experience with computerized HVAC BAS, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards including performing risk assessments and mitigation implementation.
- Must be able to consistently follow established procedures, guidelines, and regulatory mandates.
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform mechanical maintenance work on site when required.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, PTO, 401K plan, ESPP and stock options.
Please submit resume for Req. #1930. Please visit our website at www.sutrobio.com for more information. Local candidates, SF Bay Area.