Research Associate II/III, Analytical Sciences
The Analytical Sciences group at Seattle Genetics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated research associate to support development of therapeutic antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. This person will play a critical role in method qualification, transfer and troubleshooting, and contribute to product characterization and comparability studies for programs across all stages of clinical development. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of a variety of analytical techniques, strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to design, execute, and draw conclusions from experimental studies. The ideal candidate should have a background in analytical biochemistry or related discipline, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to achieve program goals.
- Conduct and interpret experiments, generating high quality data for program teams and regulatory filings
- Perform method qualifications, provide transfer and troubleshooting support to meet program needs and timelines
- Perform product characterization and method development experiments for off-platform molecules
- Write technical reports, prepare and deliver effective presentations with minimal guidance
- Contribute to technical scientific discussions in group and team meetings
- Troubleshoot instruments and methods, cross-functionally partner with others to resolve analytical issues
- Mentor/train other employees and interns as required
- 2-5+ years of experience in analytical method development or biomolecular analysis/characterization in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Extensive laboratory experience with chromatographic, electrophoretic, and other protein characterization techniques
- Practical experience in method development, troubleshooting, and qualification
- Proven ability to design and critically interpret experiments that provide insight into analytical or characterization problems, leveraging scientific literature and general knowledge
- Ability to perform independently with attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Strong organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- A team player with desire to achieve both team and individual goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, biological sciences or related field
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.