Position Summary: As a Staff Accountant/Purchasing Analyst at Boundless Bio, you will play a significant role in helping us achieve our mission of delivering transformative therapies to patients with previously intractable cancers. As part of a collaborative team, you will be responsible reviewing and processing accounts payable, leading the full cycle payroll processing, as well as generating purchase orders within the ERP system. You will also be responsible for preparation of various account reconciliations and journal entries for the close process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full cycle payroll processing; Data entry, compute new hire pay, termination pay, and any salary and personnel related changes.
- Process payroll in a timely manner ensuring accuracy by review of work.
- Process and review accounts payable for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform month end close process including preparation of journal entries, data entry, and reconciliation of the sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Generate purchase orders within ERP system.
- Monitor shipments and notify users of backordered items and find alternative sources.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing ordering and usage data.
- Research invoicing discrepancies for accounting department and perform reviews of open purchase orders.
- Complete special projects and financial analyses as assigned.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies, and all applicable regulations.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of accounts payable/accounting experience, preferably in life science
- 2-4 years of payroll experience using 3rd party vendor/software strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills