Research Associate I, Potency Assays
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Potency Assay development team in a full-time position. The Potency Assay development team is responsible for the development, qualification and implementation of cell-based assays, binding assays as well as other methods to support the characterization and advancement of therapeutics in the Seattle Genetics pipeline.
The candidate will work with the manager to develop assays and generate data to support several on-going stability and development studies. The successful candidate will have strong data analysis and time organization/management skills with attention to detail with desire to achieve team and individual goals.
- Perform various assays, including cell-based assays, ELISAs, and binding assays
- Participate in general lab maintenance such as stocking, maintaining equipment and buffer preparation
- Present data at group meetings
- May be involved in the development of cell-based potency bioassays or binding assays
- May be involved in the development of reporter cell lines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Function independently as well as actively participate in team responsibilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, quality and compliance following assay procedures, data reporting and execution of experiments
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of multitasking
- Accurate and good pipetting ability and knowledge of different types of pipetting techniques required
- Cell-based assay experience and/or knowledge of theory desirable
- Previous laboratory experience in a development or GLP or QC setting is desirable
- Mammalian cell culture experience desirable
- Experience and/or knowledge of molecular biology and transfection techniques desirable
- A Bachelor of Science degree in bioengineering, biology, or related field and 2+ years of laboratory experience would be preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.