Scientist (in Vivo Tumor Modeling)
The Wellstat Group of Companies is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of treatments for patients in the fields of oncology, metabolic, neurometabolic and neurodegenerative diseases; biological agents that meet the challenges of cancer; and therapies for major sight-threatening diseases.
Scientist Position for in vivo Tumor Modeling
Wellstat Biologics is seeking a Scientist to join the team. The candidate will participate in research and development of a novel oncolytic virus for the treatment of cancer. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for tumor modeling to test the therapeutic effect of the oncolytic virus in vivo. The ideal candidate should have expertise and hands-on experience in immunocompetent tumor metastasis mouse models. The candidate’s responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Participating in designing animal studies and writing animal study protocols
- Identifying and establishing appropriate preclinical tumor rodent models
- Maintaining tumor cell lines and preparing the tumor cells for in vivo studies
- Testing anti-tumor effect of the oncolytic virus in the tumor models
- Performing toxicity studies and monitoring clinical symptoms in the animals treated with the oncolytic virus
- Studying mechanism of action of the oncolytic virus
- Studying roles of host immune system in tumor metastasis and tumor microenvironment
- Studying interplay between the oncolytic virus and host immune system
- Summarizing and analyzing in vitro and in vivo preclinical data and writing scientific reports
The candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to independently perform experiments under limited supervision. The position requires a Master Degree plus 5 years’ experience or a Ph.D. plus 3 years’ experience in a relevant field.
Wellstat Biologics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wellstat will not sponsor applications for work visas.