Learning & Development Manager
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management and Development, the Manager will serve as a learning professional and client interface for all corporate functions (HR, Law, etc.) In that capacity, the Manager is responsible for:
- Understanding the client's business drivers and opportunities to establish a long-range performance strategy
- Partnering with the client on specific needs analyses that provide a comprehensive look at performance opportunities and barriers
- Shepherding learning projects through the governance and intake process
- Supporting both the client and Amgen's internal training development team during the life of a training solution project
- Routinely sharing the Talent Management & Development strategy and offerings with clients to ensure our resources are productively leveraged
The Manager will partner with the Director on strategic design for Amgen's career and leadership development programs, paying special attention to devising a content curation approach that enables self-directed learning for all staff. The Manager will manage these programs; oversee key vendor relationships; analyze and report business impact metrics and lead annual program planning discussions among key stakeholders.
The Manager will also be the liaison between our Talent team and Amgen's internal learning development team. In that role, the Manager will work with Amgen's Learning Architect and the Innovation Team to help define the learning ecosystem and technology infrastructure. The Manager will need to be versed in learning technology, digital strategy and marketing, and in current trends in the broader learning space.
Master's degree and 2 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Instructional Design experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Instructional Design experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Instructional Design experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Instructional Design experience
- 2+ years of experience in Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Life Sciences, or Business
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Experience in performance consulting and needs analysis
- Experience using ADDIES, Agile, or other design and development methodologies in the creation of learning solutions
- Experience in project management (managing projects, defining scope, overseeing budget, tracking milestones)
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Ability to work with staff across multiple levels of an organization
- E-learning design experience and a broad knowledge of learning technology and virtual platforms
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.