In vivo Research Associate
About ANGIOCRINE BIOSCIENCE,
Angiocrine Bioscience Inc. (AB) is a privately held, San Diego, CA based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with proprietary technologies consisting of a line of human engineered endothelial cells (E-CEL) intended for hemato-oncology and regenerative medicine applications. We have two on-going Phase 1b studies and plan to start an additional two Phase 1b studies in Q4’2019. Our team is united and fueled by its passion and sense of urgency to bring new, breakthrough engineered cell therapies to patients suffering from dire, often life-threatening medical conditions
Position Role & Responsibilities:
Conduct in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical experiments as related to Angiocrine Bioscience’s translational cellular and stem-cell biology research pipeline.
- Candidate should have hands-on experience working with in-vivo mouse models, including injections, bleeding, and tissue collection.
- Candidate must demonstrate capability in basic molecular biology laboratory skills, including tissue culture, cellular transfection/transduction, cell isolation and purification techniques, qPCR, and ELISAs.
- Education: (1) Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or related field; and (2) 2 or more years lab experience in academia or equivalent industry experience.
- Works collaboratively with fellow AB team members, especially with the AB Research Team and the AB Project Management Team
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge
- While not a requirement, applicants with a strong background in microvascular biology and vascular niche as it relates to stem cell repopulation and tissue regeneration are highly desired.
- Previous experience performing flow cytometry would also be deemed extremely useful.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment where evolutionary changes are a constant and where proactive ‘can do’ attitude, sense of urgency and friendly personalities are prized.
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
Salary, Benefits and Additional Information:
Competitive pay package and standard benefits including healthcare. Angiocrine is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.