Infrastructure Automation Engineer
At AbbVie, our mission is to make a remarkable impact on patients' lives with difficult-to-cure diseases. You will help AbbVie's Business Technology Services organization support this mission by accelerating the development and deployment of innovative new technology solutions. You will be a leader in advancing our automation strategy and advancing AbbVie's knowledge and use of DevOps techniques.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design and engineer AbbVie's enterprise DevOps Infrastructure capabilities, including Planning (e.g. Jira), Code Management (e.g. Git), Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins), and Release Orchestration.
- Partner with service management and software quality assurance organizations to design efficient, innovative means of managing DevOps application traceability.
- Design and engineer AbbVie's Infrastructure Automation solutions, enabling increased productivity through automated infrastructure deployments and delighting AbbVie's BTO partners through effective self-service delivery.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle .
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent degree program.
- Bachelor's degree required and 7 years of experience or Master's degree and 5 years of experience.
- 1-3 years' experience in engineering and developing Infrastructure automation solutions, such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, and AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience developing and deploying a full-stack DevOps Pipeline - including Planning, Code Management, Test Automation, and Release Orchestration.
- Preferred knowledge includes:
- integrating solutions with ServiceNow
- Deploying AIOps solutions (e.g. Moogsoft) and integrating with automation pipelines for automated incident and change resolution.
- Working in highly regulated environments such as Life Sciences or Financial Services.