Senior Research Associate - Biomatrica
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Research Associate’s responsibilities include characterization of biological samples using a wide range of techniques including immunochemistry, PCR, and colorimetric methods. They will prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. The individual is also responsible for research and development activities in collaboration with others on various projects. He or she makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results. He or she maintains familiarity with current scientific literature and contributes to the process of a project within his or her scientific discipline. The Senior Research Associate will develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. He or she may also be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize and execute biochemical techniques for the characterization of key biomolecules (nucleic acids and proteins).
- Follow research plans and experimental outlines to write experimental protocols and perform laboratory experiments.
- Present clear project summaries in written and verbal formats to supervisor and other members of the scientific team.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement to interpret results, analyze data and present findings in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Perform scientific trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Adhere to applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work a normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, or related field; or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of Master’s.
- 2+ years of industry experience in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with standard molecular biology (DNA/RNA purification, PCR, SDS-PAGE, BioAnalyzer).
- Experience with the culture of mammalian cells.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in writing detailed technical documentation.
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Strong ownership of technical success.
- Ability to execute experimentation independently and effectively communicate the results.
- Strong organizational and time management and the ability to work under stressful conditions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor junior level research associates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team environment.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with blood and/or saliva.
- Familiarity with Quality Management System and GLP/GMP/ISO 13485 regulations.