Senior Associate Information (IS) Security Engineer - Risk Analyst
Amgen is searching for an Information System (IS) Risk Analyst to join the Information Risk Management team as part of the Global Information Protection organization. The Risk Analyst will report to the IS Senior Manager and will work from our Amgen Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida.
The Analyst will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, documenting and communicating information and related system risk to Partners. Risk analysis will include a clear description of the risk and its likelihood. The Analyst will interact with multi-functional partners to drive a comprehensive solution understanding to support an accurate analysis of solution-relevant security controls to make clear and actionable recommendations for mitigations using a risk-based approach.
- Daily interaction with assessment partners to develop and exchange viewpoints on in scope system(s), information, information repositories, regulations, external entities, internal & external users, integrations with other systems, data flows (Assessment Context)
- Identify and document relevant security controls based on the Assessment Context
- Review solution documentation (i.e., architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams, test results, specifications) to evaluate the implementation or planned implementation of security controls while identifying security deficiencies present in the solution or services
- Analyze deficiencies, considering compensating security controls and document risk
- Clearly document and effectively communicate assessment results and recommendations to technical and non-technical partners
- Obtain and document a response from partners to the assessment results
- Partner with other areas to effectively mitigate system and third-party risk
- Maintain detailed records for all related activities
- Generate creative ideas and challenges the status quo
- Advise management of critical issues that may affect customers, suppliers or company
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of directly related experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of directly related experience
- Security+ or advanced Security industry certifications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Applied technical knowledge and understanding of security frameworks (i.e., NIST, ISO 27xxx, etc.)
- Ambitious, with a high attention to detailed information gathering, report writing and documentation
- Project Management experience
- Ability to independently identify priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team environment
- Aspires to Develop, implement, and sustain operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment
- Contributes to the analysis, design, development and operation of programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context
- Collaborates cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering creative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.