Commercial Insights Director, Hematology
The Commercial Insights Director, Hematology, reports to the VP Commercial Data & Analytics (cDNA). This position will be responsible for driving insights in pipeline and inline oncology for the hematology franchise. The Commercial Insights team includes primary, secondary and CI resources to deliver meaningful and actionable insights across global, US and cross-functional teams.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of all US and Global Commercial Data & Analytics activities supporting KYPROLIS, including forecasting, primary market research, competitive intelligence and analytics (national and sub-national)
- Develop positive relationships with KYPROLIS commercial leadership to define cDNA objectives, budgets and work plans.
- Manage 4-6 direct reports and lead a cross functional team of cDNA staff (Primary market research, competitive intelligence, and secondary analytics) to produce proactive, actionable customer and market insights
- Ensure leadership understands and accounts for key research results
- Be a challenging "devil's advocate with senior commercial staff
- Lead initiatives within cDNA to improve existing capabilities and develop new ones
- Drives strategic and innovative approaches to business problems
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Maintain relationships with external vendors and consultants to enable efficient project execution
- Develop productive relationships with cross-functional partners, such as US Marketing, Finance, Global Marketing, Field Excellence, Marketing Excellence, Global Strategic Sourcing, Supply chain and Compliance
- Conduct some primary market research (~25% of time)
- Limited Travel Required
Doctorate degree and 4 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
Master's degree and 8 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, social, behavioral sciences, or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- 10+ years of experience, including market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and needs into actionable research plans and synthesize multiple data sources to answer business questions.
- Prior technical forecasting experience or experience managing a forecast
- Prior technical experience creating or managing KPI and performance metrics
- Innovation: Demonstrated ability to identify and implement new methodologies and data sources to enhance Amgen analytics capabilities
- Strong Business Acumen: understands both the markets, brands and broader context (internal and external) of the business. Can translate market research insights and findings into realistic, actionable recommendations.
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence ED/VP level staff
- Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams, deliver results, and shape the future
- Strong communication skills: capable of presenting complicated and controversial findings to commercial leadership
- Therapeutic area experience
- Managerial experience
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills, effective decision making skills, focus on process improvements, and ability to manage a large number of complex projects simultaneously.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.