Senior Manufacturing Technician
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented Senior Manufacturing Technician to align, test, and calibrate complex opto-mechanical DNA sequencing systems.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for building and testing complex third generation DNA sequencing instruments. Manufacturing technicians are responsible for on-time completion of assigned instrument builds while following a tightly defined process for recording test results, documenting encountered issues, and troubleshooting issues to resolution. Some additional responsibility may include highlighting process improvements, redlining documents, and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- AS Degree in Engineering Technology with 3-5 years of experience in system integration and test of opto-mechanical systems or BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience operating optical and electronic measurement equipment (e.g. power meters, beam profilers, oscilloscopes, DVM’s) required.
- Must possess the ability to read, understand, and follow written procedures, build of materials, and mechanical drawings.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve optical, mechanical, electronic, and software issues in a concise and timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand software exception messages and logs in order to zero in on system / calibration issues. Basic UNIX command line usage a plus.
- Must be able to clearly define and enter written problem statements electronically and be proficient at a user level with enterprise software systems. Experience using Agile PLM and Camstar MES a plus.
- Ability to redline manufacturing assembly and alignment documentation a plus.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.