Senior Marketing Automation Specialist
PacBio is looking for a Sr. Marketing Automation Specialist to own marketing campaign execution; enhancing customer and prospect engagement programs, ensuring the quality of marketing campaign communications, and providing Marketing Automation support to the global marketing team.
What you get to do daily
You’ll be responsible for creating timely and persuasive digital marketing programs that nurture and accelerate prospects through the complex B2B buying process, as well as retain and inform existing customers. You’ll work proactively with internal constituents to develop lead generation and nurturing e-marketing programs including: planning, implementation, execution, measurement and optimization.
Keys to your success in this role
Your ability to partner with the extended marketing and commercial teams to launch, track and report out on digital campaigns, including email, webinars, web landing pages, etc. Your ability to establish and measure analytics and provide updates on performance. You are a power user of marketing automation and CRM systems, as well as digital analytical tools, such as Google Analytics. To really excel in this position, you must be a passionate, results-oriented self-starter who is analytical, tech savvy and has the capacity to be both a creative and strategic thinker.
What’s in it for you
You will get to work alongside a small yet agile team of smart, creative and driven marketers in the cutting-edge biotech industry. What we do on a daily basis actually helps scientists better understand the world we live in and, in many ways, helps them make it a better place to live.
Responsibilities of this position:
- Develop and execute email programs that are relevant and appealing to a variety of targeted audiences, including welcome, nurture, trigger, re-engagement and retention programs.
- Create and maintain the library of HTML templates, landing pages, and forms; manage list pulls and uploads for digital campaigns.
- Provide continuous improvement of e-marketing related activities, through A/B testing experimentation of campaign subject lines, content and offers, to provide strategic recommendations on how to improve response effectiveness and efficiency.
- Drive calendaring, messaging, testing, and audience selection for campaigns.
- Maintain steady and healthy email marketing database growth with focus on data quality over quantity, establish regular process for database cleansing, and maintain lead scoring programs to increase lead quality.
- Work with internal team to improve known segmentation of prospect/customer database to ensure records are accurate and profiled by application and research interest, for efficient and effective campaign targeting.
- Advise program owners of best practices with regard to marketing automation capabilities, testing and projected results; host regular sessions to update stakeholders on campaign performance and best practices.
- Document marketing automation processes, programs and procedures.
- Manage event invitation, registration and follow-up processes, while constantly collecting feedback to be used for program enhancement.
- Ensure all external campaign source tracking is captured and data integrity is maintained within the system for closed loop reporting.
- Manage 3rd party marketing automation vendor relationship and act as the gatekeeper for work outsourced to the vendor.
- Research and maintain knowledge of marketing automation practices and make recommendations to management on strategies to exploit new innovations.
- Participate in Pardot user forums, webinars and liaise with Pardot customer advocate/3rd party vendor to stay current on best practices and new functionality.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience with marketing automation systems; Pardot automation tools a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related discipline.
- Experience with B2B marketing strategy, especially in a complex buying cycle.
- Expertise in email best practices; Marketing/copywriting/editing skills a plus.
- Experience with CRM software, SFDC preferred.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- Results-oriented with a take charge, self-starter attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks simultaneously.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.