Manager, Supplier Relationship
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
The Manager, Supplier Relationship Management is a member of the Global Supply Chain team that supports the Technical Operations organization. Responsibilities include managing the overall relationships of Third-Party Manufacturers for both clinical and commercial. This position will work with internal and external cross-functional resources and stakeholders across multiple disciplines (e.g., Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Legal, etc.). This position will lead and manage the relationship between suppliers and Insmed. This position will also oversee transportation movements and respective transportation suppliers for both commercial and clinical activities. The Manager’s primary role is to ensure steady state of supply for both clinical and commercial.
- In conjunction w/ procurement lead supply sourcing efforts as required: identifying suppliers, assist in managing the sourcing and RFP process, and driving consensus for final selection.
- Negotiate contracts and supply agreements with suppliers for both commercial and clinical supply.
- Establish and monitor key KPIs and develop and lead actionable plans to improve metrics.
- Establish and lead Business Review meetings and coordinate with relevant disciplines to manage/improve performance metrics both internal and external.
- Develop action plans to improve quality, cost, and service; provide direct project management as required as well as coordination of project execution with support functions.
- Oversee the execution of all supply related transportation and corresponding vendors.
- Serve as key point of contact for all operational aspects for external suppliers: coordinate relevant internal/external support functions.
- Ensure suppliers are in compliance w/ Supply Agreements and aligned with supply requirements.
- Assess supply risk and develop and execute risk mitigation strategies as needed.
- Ensure existing and new supply related contracts and supply agreements are effective and current.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or a related discipline preferred.
- APICS CSSP or CPIM certification preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience required in Pharmaceutical Ops / Supply Chain. Experience should include at least 2 of the following areas - Planning, Operations, Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Project Management
- A minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on Manufacturing experience in a regulated industry required (Operations / Third-Party Manufacturing).
- Domestic and international supply chain management experience preferred.
- Transportation experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical operations processes and the ability to assess potential third-party capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and practices.
- Business acumen with strong finance understanding required.
- Pro-active, independent, self-starter personality
- Excellent written / oral skills and ability to work with others in a matrix organization required.
- Strong negotiations skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills both internally and externally; ability to align multiple functionalities with competing priorities.
- Executes assigned tasks within established schedule
- Able to travel up to 25% (domestic and international in nature)
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.