Scientist, Biological Science
About Ambrx: Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines.
- Conduct in vitro studies to support discovery projects focused on antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), bi-specifics and cytokine based experimental therapeutics.
- Develop and optimize assays (including complex primary immune cell-based assays) to evaluate activity and mechanism of action of Ambrx experimental therapeutics.
- Design and perform experiments with scientific rigor and under minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads on assigned projects.
- Monitor current technological developments in assay platforms, antibody engineering, antibody drug conjugates and cancer immunotherapies.
- Present scientific findings/ results to functional and project teams.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Willing to work on the bench in the laboratory at least 80% of the time.
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (both primary and immortalized cells), flow cytometry, primary cell-based assays, proliferation and cell viability assays, ELISA, HTRF, gene expression analysis and stable cell line generation.
- Outstanding scientist with demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and critical thinking.
- Experience in immuno-oncology is preferable.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- A broad understanding of drug development process especially cancer immunotherapy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.