Commercial Applications Scientist
- Performs service assay work for customers in accordance with standard protocols for various assays.
- Processes and analyzes assay data for transfer to external customers.
- Responsible for final report generation to external customers.
- Leads technical discussion and analysis of data for the commercial laboratory.
- Assists sales department in understanding and developing customer objectives.
- Provide technical input to design of experiment for commercial projects.
- Organize cross-functional projects relative to the generation of data for external customers.
- May interact with customer regarding assay development, data results, and/or assay trouble shooting
- Adheres to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs), and appropriate assay protocols
- Adheres to safety requirements.
- May work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting manufacturing efforts, such as trouble shooting equipment problems or assay results
- May guide and/or train new technicians
- Maintains clean, orderly work space.
Minimum Qualifications (education, knowledge, skills and abilities):
Education/Training: Masters/PhD Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology or related field.
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in a laboratory setting, industry or university research.
Knowledge of (position requirements at entry):
- Understanding of biostatistical analyses and familiar with statistical computer packages/applications.
- Basic math and principles of experimental methods
- Good written and oral skills in English.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Understanding of lean environment and process mapping.
- Quality systems and Standard Operating Procedures
- PCR, real-time PCR, and next-generation sequencing preferred
Skills and Abilities in (position requirements at entry):
- Ability to acquire basic job skills, such as learning new assays and instrument operation
- Ability to read and interpret assays protocols, instrument operating manuals, and safety rules
- Ability to enter information into service records and lab documentation
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Has good interpersonal skills and discusses manufacturing problems with coworkers and supervisor
- Willingness to accept instruction
- Ability to maintain a professional and productive relationship with supervisor and coworkers
- Ability to work within a team environment in a culture of accountability
Some weekend and evening work is required in order to meet deadlines. Shift work may occasionally be required. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel may be required to customer work sites.
Note: This job description describes only the key areas of responsibilities and will vary depending on the business needs of the Company.
About HTG: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.
HTG offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and a 401K plan.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
About Tucson, Arizona: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.