Senior Engineer, Technology II
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Consult with business leaders and representatives to ensure understanding of the business requirements and future strategic direction of the supported businesses. Define architecture and oversee execution of strategic initiatives, ensure alignment with requirements, technology industry standards, application technology roadmap and business needs.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for technology within his/her area of expertise on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering disciplines, including data and system integration, software development & distributed computing platforms.
- Help project team with design and implementation to meet project milestones, ensure technical best practice methods are followed, and meet all required documentation needs
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Define and maintain comprehensive integration map of all relevant systems, data flow between systems, and detailed dependencies. Take ownership of long term architecture and integration strategy roadmap.
- Work effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participate in client or team meetings. Provide leadership to project planning.
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 5 + years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 3 + years of experience. Eight years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Required: in-depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area's functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Required: Working Knowledge: n-tier application architecture, PaaS models; web service integration; EAI & API (eg: TIBCO, Mulesoft, Layer7, APIGEE) technologies with a high level understanding of a programming/scripting language , UNIX/Linux and Windows environment.
- Required: Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Proactive problem identification and resolution skills.
- Required: Demonstrated effective leadership, analytical skills, and ability to work independently.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry. Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies & Automation.
- Preferred: Technologies/Working Knowledge: Database solutions and types, e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB; Distributed computing environments, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (Development Operations) methods; cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Azure) methods/capabilities, including container technologies.
- Preferred: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective communication and persuading Business and IT Leaders.