Drives projects and activities that support the long range plan (LRP) of a manufacturing/packaging facility - ensuring the site remains competitive, meets all required costs, maintains compliance, and meets customer service commitments. Projects may include NPI launches, efficiency improvements, financial oversight of key LRP commitments, and contribution to future strategy development.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Creates comprehensive project plans, budgets, and strategies for projects.
Translates project plans into measurable actions.
Executes against local plant procedures and processes.
Manages new product launches to ensure all filing and launch targets are met.
Delivers periodic progress updates for plant management; may deliver project updates to senior leaders or external stakeholders as required by assigned projects.
Anticipates and addresses progress roadblocks, escalating when appropriate; proactively drives development of contingency and or risk-mitigation plans.
Understands the business needs and has a thorough knowledge of customer strategic needs when developing a project scope. Integrates technology and business needs when defining project scope.
Leads the project team in using established PM tools and techniques (FEP, Cash Flow Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives.
Develops project strategy to align and achieve key customer business objectives. Leads and contributes to the development of long-term business and organizational strategies
Manages and is responsible for all phases of project execution.
Anticipates and identifies areas of tactical and strategic risk and mitigates risks through early risk assessments and implementation of fallback / mitigation strategies.
Leads project team comprised of internal and external resources. Performs periodic review of project resource allocation.
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, or a related field required; MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in Operations, Manufacturing, and/or Customer Service.
- Solid understanding if manufacturing processes and related supply activities.
- Demonstrated success leading projects required; formal project management experience preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and influence without authority in a matrix environment.
- Strong oral/written communication skills; ability to listen to and apply feedback from a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong problem identification, analysis, and solution development skills.
- Effective planning, workload management, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in common program management principles, software, and tools.
- Solid understanding of business financial systems and tools.