Associate Director, Global Marketing
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director and the Global Brand Team Lead, this position supports the development and execution of the market growth marketing strategies and tactics at the Global, Area, and Country/Affiliate level. The ideal candidate will collaborate and engages with a cross functional team, which includes (but not limited to): Market Access, Medical Affairs, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Supply Chain, Health Economics and Outcome Research, R&D, Public Affairs, Medical Review, Business Intelligence, OEC, and Learning.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generating marketing insights that inform strategic and tactical plans, assist/lead in co-creation sessions with affiliates, and help build the annual global brand and tactical plan (including routine assessment and analytics of the evolving competitive landscape)
- Creating and/or identifying commercial opportunities that advance efforts towards the brand objectives and goals.
- Developing marketing tools/resources and advancing them efficiently through the formal medical and regulatory approval process.
- Managing budgets and maximizing limited resources
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders-e.g. Affiliate Brand Leads and External Experts respectively.
- Project Management
- Working with vendors and other agencies
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical marketing
- Competency of the current medical and regulatory approval process
- Proven track record of effectively working in cross-functional teams and matrix environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Able and willing to extensively travel international
Preferred Experience (in addition to Basic):
- MBA or advanced degree
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience
- Experience from virology, specifically HCV
- Sales, Market Access, or other relevant experience that complements the marketing role
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Learning agility: ability to learn complex information, to simplify them, and to generate insights.
- Flexible thinking: able to see others' perspectives, challenge ideas, and help foster idea exchange.
- Continuous improvement: never satisfied with past success and always ready to find ways to redefine "excellence."
- Empowers change: fosters an environment where the audacity to challenge is encouraged, so long as it is productive and respectful.
- Builds trust: works ethically with uncompromising principles; and as a result, authentically earns the trust of those around them.