Associate IS Security Engineer
Amgen is seeking an Associate Information Systems (IS) Security Engineer to join Amgen's Digital Identity and Access Services team and will be involved in the design, integration, and support of Amgen's identity provisioning and entitlement management environment, as well as related identity-based technologies (e.g. password synchronization, identity attribute management, group automation, etc.).
The Associate will report to the Manager Information Security based out of Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
Digital Identity and Access Services at Amgen is a core group responsible for managing all the enterprise directories, identity provisioning and access management/ governance solutions, single sign-on tools, privileged identity management, PKI and other authentication platforms. This team is at the fore-front of enterprise architecture and security at Amgen and is passionate about providing solutions with great end user experience.
Key Activities for the Associate IS Security Engineer include:
- Support the team in managing Amgen's IBM Security Identity Manager (ISIM) and Identity Governance and Intelligence (IGI) environments, External Identity Management System
- Maintain Amgen's identity provisioning environment as well as support other identity related systems used to support authentication and authorization
- Monitor operational and performance statistics for managed systems to ensure reliability and availability, perform preventative maintenance, and automate routine procedures. Maintain growth statistics and resource forecasts
- Participate in change control processes
- Troubleshoot problems, respond to escalations, and perform repairs as needed
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as SOPs, design documents, operational drawings, manuals, etc.
- This position may have after hours responsibilities
Associate's degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Identity and Access and Role Management applications (IBM ISIM, IBM IGI, Sailpoint IdentityIQ, Microsoft Identity Manager) will be preferred
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform will be beneficial
- Good programming and scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, VB Script, Java, C#, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, collaborative and good team player
- Military experience
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.