Medical Sciences Medical Director - Translational Medicine - Inflammation
The Amgen Inflammation Translational Medicine team is looking for a Medical Sciences Director that will be responsible for designing and executing early development clinical trials and leading the evidence generation teams.
- Effectively network with internal and external opinion leaders
- Design and implement innovative early clinical development strategy for Inflammation indications (e.g., rheumatologic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, respiratory disease, others)
- Opportunity to explore additional therapeutic areas
- Lead the preparation of clinical development plans and clinical study protocols, and contribute to informed consents, Investigator Brochures, and Ethics Committee and regulatory agency submissions
- Review and evaluate clinical study safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic data
- Contribute to the development and use of clinical biomarkers to facilitate drug development
- Actively collaborate with Amgen Late Development, Discovery Research, Regulatory, and Commercial colleagues
- Collaborate with external experts to provide biomedical expertise and strategic guidance to inflammation early development teams
- Contribute to in-licensing evaluations and due-diligence activities
MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school
2 years of clinical research experience and/or basic science research
- Board certification or eligible
- Residency training in Internal Medicine and relevant sub-specialty
- 3+ years of Inflammation drug development experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or substantial clinical trial experience collaborating with pharmaceutical sponsors
- Experience in designing, monitoring and implementing clinical trials and interpreting trial results
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, capable of conducting studies as part of a team
- Experience within a matrix environment, contributes to decision-making and reaching alignment in order to meet challenging timelines
- Experience in early clinical trials
- Experience in basic research and clinical trial methodology
- Publication track record
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, as well as, external partners and collaborators
Our recruitment strategy includes fostering diverse points of view - helping to drive innovation and creativity.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.