Research Associate, Assay Development
Proneurotech (PNT) is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration, a key pathological component of many neurological and ocular diseases. PNT is leveraging recent insights from its scientific founders to unravel the fundamental biology of axon preservation and develop breakthrough treatments for patients with neurodegenerative diseases. Our rapidly growing team combines research in biochemistry, genetics, neurology, and medicinal chemistry to create drugs which directly combat the central mechanisms of axon loss.
Ideal candidates will bring intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to innovate new medicines by developing and executing biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Contribute to the design and execution of biochemical and biophysical assays to support compound screening and optimization efforts
- Establish new protocols for biophysical characterization of novel neuroprotective therapeutics
- Contribute to the design and execution of cell-based assays to provide SAR support and inform MoA
- Establish and maintain cellular systems including primary cells of CNS and PNS origin
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Stay up-to-date with scientific literature relating to neurodegeneration
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously within a functional area
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse scientific team to successfully progress scientific goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 3+ years of hands-on research experience in biochemistry or assay development in an industrial or academic setting
- The ability to independently design, optimize, and implement medium-throughput biochemical and/or cell-based assays; experience with formats like HPLC, AlphaScreen, TR-FRET, Fluorescence Polarization, HTRF, fluorescence/luminescence detection platforms, or high-content imaging platforms desirable
- Experience with plate-readers (e.g. EnVision, EnSpire, MSD) and liquid-handling automation (BRAVO and ECHO)
- Experience in developing and validating novel assays for high-throughput screening and successful hand-off of validated assays to screening groups
- Prior experience in a drug-discovery setting is a plus
- Experience with biophysical assay platforms like SPR, Octet, or ITC desirable
- Proficiency in analyzing data with GraphPad Prism and reporting data in databases that support compound optimization efforts
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve routine issues using appropriate information
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, communicate clearly, work within departmental groups, and to build open and collaborative relationships is essential
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at http://proneurotech.com/.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.