Program Manager, Publications
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Program Manager, Publications
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Within the Medical Publishing group of the Medical Affairs department, this position is responsible for performing operational aspects of PCYC peer-reviewed publication development for assigned tactic lead(s) along with operational publication activities including dispatch of non-PCYC publications for review, compliance monitoring, and coordination of publication planning meetings.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Performs operational publication development activities for assigned tactic lead(s) including quality control, Datavision record set-up and finalization, compliance documentation, timeline generation, timeline execution, and project tracking.
- Performs dispatch, adjudication, and record keeping of internal/partner review for assigned non-PCYC driven publications.
- Performs activities relating to monitoring of compliant recording of publications activities per publication process and policy.
- Coordinates publication planning meetings both internally and globally with partner including agendas, minutes and follow-up distribution of meeting minutes.
- Maintains approved publication proposals and corresponding publication plans.
- Performs dispatch of publication proposal reviews to internal and partner stakeholders, coordinate responses and communicate outcomes.
- Maintains best practice guidelines for assigned activities.
- BS or BA with 2+ years related experience.
- Manage multiple projects including organizing and planning for assigned tasks
- Effective communication (both written and oral)
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional team members, and external partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Datavision publication management software (desired skill)
- Experience with peer reviewed publication development: abstracts, presentations and manuscripts, preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled