PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded biotechnology company, advancing to clinical studies in 2019 with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted Tcell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting for Associate Scientist/Scientist Quality Control, reporting to Vice President of Quality Control. This position will be based in South San Francisco. This is a hands-on laboratory role, requiring high degree of flexibility and collaboration necessary for a growing early stage biotechnology organization.
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience, or graduate degree in biological sciences with 2+ year experience in QC or analytical development scientist roles.
- The ideal candidate will have worked for 5+ years in biopharmaceutical industry with GMP/GLP quality control and/or analytical development experience.
- Experience with Sanger Sequencing is a plus.
- Highly experienced analytical development scientist with a track record of leading successful development of PCR-based, ELISA-based, and/or flow cytometry-based methods for GMP and GLP cell therapy products and DNA vector release, including creating analytical development plans and experiment design, generation of test procedures, and qualification/validation.
- She/he is expected to maintain rigor and high quality of execution and documentation suitable for a GMP/GLP laboratory operation.
- Candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment that is goal-driven to achieve time-sensitive objectives.
- She/he is highly dedicated to mentor team individuals, for motivating team success, and to contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- She/he must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation necessary to support process development and release of GMP products.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.