Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an ELISA Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Lexington, MA.
ELISA Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understands and applies advanced scientific principles, theories, concepts, practices and standards to process and product development.
- Demonstrates experience with sterile cell culture and execution of cell-based assays.
- Demonstrates experience working with plate based immunological methods. Preferably experience with one or more of following methods: ELISA, MSD, Octet protein binding assays, Host Cell Protein assays and, qPCR.
- Conducts work in compliance with cGMP/GLP, safety and regulatory requirements
Demonstrates independent judgment in technique and method selection, protocol and study design and execution, data analysis and use of standard practices and procedures for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity to meet assigned objectives
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Contributes as part of a small team of scientists towards execution of various analytical methods to support of biological therapeutic product release and characterization testing in a compliance-based environment
- 100% testing, as well as associated protocol/report documentation and presentations; may include technology transfer activities, regulatory support, and possible project team participation
- Independently executes method for: elucidation and monitoring of functional properties of protein therapeutics and the quantitation of process- and product-related impurities
- Technical expertise in one or more bioanalytical and bioassay technologies, including cell-based assays, immunoassays, and qPCR
- Knowledge of theories, principles and techniques of relevant scientific areas and basic understanding of industry practices and standards
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Minimum of 1 years ELISA experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lexington, MA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.