Vice President, Legal & Deputy General Counsel
Dynamic, public pharmaceutical company is looking to hire an attorney with the following experience in:
- Negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts
- Managing corporate compliance with contracts
- SEC reporting and disclosure
- Mergers and acquisitions
As part of the Legal Department, this attorney will have primary responsibility for reviewing and managing the company's commercial contracts. In addition, this attorney will be primarily responsible for providing advice to senior management regarding proposed transactions and ensuring the Company's compliance with existing contractual obligations and general corporate law.
Essential Job Functions
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, confidentiality agreements and contract manufacturing agreements
- Providing advice to senior management regarding compliance with existing contractual obligations as well as internal policies and guidelines
- Meaningful experience with SEC reporting requirements and disclosure
- Structuring and negotiating complex transactions
- Advising on general corporate matters, including corporate governance matters
- Managing senior paralegal
- Negotiates, drafts and manages sophisticated commercial agreements, often where no precedents exist
- Advises on relevant legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including securities and corporate law and regulations
Education and Experience
- Juris doctor degree
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship in the future
- 3+ years in house experience preferably working in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years large law firm experience
- Experience negotiating complex commercial contracts, SEC disclosure, and general corporate counseling of public companies
- Experience working on meaningful merger and acquisition transactions of various structures
- Experience in implementing contract management software, selection, customization and installation preffered
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret data and make good decisions
- Ability to handle workload and manage multiple priorities
Assertio Competencies Include
- Decisions & Judgment
- Ownership & Initiative
- Adaptability & Change Readiness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Sitting - 80%.
- Standing/walking - 20%.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and or fingers for sustained periods of time. Approximately 3 or more hours of keyboarding per day.
- Visual Requirements: Able to see and read PC screens and read fine print.
- Lifting: Raising objects under 15 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
- Able to complete forms, use existing form letters and conduct routine oral communication.
- Able to compose letters, outlines, memos and basic reports, and to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to count accurately.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Assertio is proud to create a culture of inclusion and diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities and to disabled veterans in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a medical condition or disability, please email email@example.com or call 224-441-6867 for assistance.