Trudeau Institute, Inc. in Saranac Lake, NY has an exciting opportunity for a Research Technician to join our professional team in the transformation of Trudeau.
This position will be within the Trudeau Institute Contract Research Organization. TICRO serves a wide variety of clients, from large pharma corporations to small startup companies, and offers over 20 different infectious disease models built from decades of research and discovery at the Trudeau Institute. Through the use of powerful immunological methods and new technologies, TICRO assists and enables clients to develop novel therapeutics and vaccines with the goal of improving human health.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for understanding, planning, and executing laboratory experiments as directed in support of internal and external projects and investigations yielding high reliability and reproducibility essential for Global Health research.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently or as a member of a research team assigned to specific projects, while meeting internal and client timelines and applying scientific rigor to work.
- Plan and carry out specialized experiments using established methods and SOPs.
- Collect, organize, and document data using electronic lab notebooks, complete statistical analyses, and generate publication-quality figures.
- Grow cell lines, propagate viruses and bacteria using aseptic culture technique.
- Assist in reagent preparation and general lab upkeep.
- Conduct biological and molecular assays including microbiology, molecular biology, flow cytometry and other analytical methods.
- Handle experimental animals for in vivo studies following standard protocols.
- Participate in regular lab meetings and present data to the research team in a timely manner.
- Work in an environment handling biological, chemical, and infectious agents (e.g. bacteria, parasites, viruses and radioisotopes) after appropriate safety training in compliance with the institutional workplace safety policy.
- Occasional holiday, evening, and weekend work required.
- Successful candidates will hold a BA or BS in Biology with a minimum 2 years work experience in a research laboratory or related field; Or, an MS degree with one year of work experience.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in immunology, focused on research in virology, microbiology and/or infectious diseases.
- Sound knowledge of standard laboratory procedures, equipment, and record-keeping skills are required along with knowledge of computer software applications, e.g. MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; familiarity working with Graphpad Prism and Flowjo is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of learning new skill sets.
- Excellent organization skills, time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex working environment.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in a Biosafety Level 2 lab required; experience in a Biosafety Level 3 lab preferred.
The Trudeau Institute is a world-renowned research institution which offers competitive salaries along with a robust benefits package (including health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and a generous employer retirement contribution). The Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging women, individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans to apply. Join our Team in the transformation of Trudeau!