Undergrad Coop - Security
Come and Grow with us!
We are looking for creative, highly motivated and hardworking Undergrad Coop student for a paid temporary assignment opportunity in our manufacturing operation - Amgen Manufacturing Limited at Juncos, Puerto Rico. AML is Amgen's largest manufacturing site and the majority of products comprising Amgen's current portfolio move through this outstanding biotechnology manufacturing facility. It includes 5 manufacturing plants: a mammalian and a microbial bulk plants, a formulation and filling plant, a packaging plant and a small molecule solid dosage manufacturing plant.
What you will do...
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain learning and exposure to cutting edge technology and advance processes that form the foundation of our state-of-the-art biotechnology facility.
As an Undergrad Co-op you will be able to apply coursework concepts to real-world situations working alongside professional, expert colleagues while also gaining valuable experience working for a global manufacturing company. You will become part of the Security-Human Resources Department and will be mentor by our Director and Senior staff members.
You will be expose and at the same time contribute with Department's continuous improvement initiatives/projects. In addition, you may provide daily operations support in AML through the use of related technical concepts and tools. In order to do so, you need good analytical and technical skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills. You will also work independently being ambitious with a strong desire to learn.
The temporary Undergrad COOP will be hired for a six months assignment and can be extended up to one year, as per business needs. Candidate selected will begin on/or before January 2020.
Your time with us will look something like this...
- Measuring and analyzing current systems/process performance
- Improving operational efficiency and productivity
- Identifying and implementing new process across departments/functions
- Creating business cases to support strategic direction
- Support HRIS current projects/initiatives and run activities
- Support to maintain detailed project plan and/or issue log and follow up activities
- Observe, monitor, document and communicate systems and process performance
- Organize and present systems performance data to management team
- Support the implementation of IS solutions, special projects or initiatives
- Monitor and communicate systems incidents and/or trends
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives (i.e. Kaizens and/or VSMs)
- Other functions maybe assigned subject to the business needs
For this opportunity the basic requirements are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Information System, Computer and/or Software Engineering.
- Be enrolled in School.
- Be pursuing an applicable degree or course of study.
- Availability to join us up to 1 year assignment
- Have completed at least 3 years of college education
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Proficiency in Share Point, and Excel software
- Demonstrate the Amgen Values - Visit our site for additional details
What you will get...
Along with competitive pay, we offer you a flexible work schedule with a maximum of 40 hours per week that you can accommodate to your academic schedule if needed.
A Co-op position at Amgen is a chance to channel you drive and enthusiasm. We are committed to teaching you the path to transfer your classroom knowledge to the work. It will be an experience that put you front and center, allowing you to be hands-on and contributing your creative energy on high-impact projects in benefit of our patient's lives.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.