Corporate Affairs Manager - Social Media Story Teller
Amgen is seeking a Corporate Affairs Manager - Social Media Story Teller to be based at our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Manager will report to the Director of Social Media & Digital Strategy.
Consistent with the vision of Amgen Corporate Affairs to "proactively shape, drive and enhance the Amgen brand and reputation globally," the Manager is responsible for supporting the digital and social media strategy at the enterprise level, and actively identifying, developing and curating multimedia content for corporate level owned social media channels.
Key responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs Manager - Social Media Story Teller will include:
- Supports execution of social media and digital strategy at the corporate level for owned media channels
- Supports Amgen's brand voice on social media via Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and TiKTok
- Actively creates multimedia content based on agreed upon content areas
- Manages calendar of social media activities ensuring a regular cadence of content across all channels
- Works with Reputation team to bring to bear social listening insights to inform content development
- Works with media team to amplify earned content and news release announcements
- Uses research on trends and partner preferences
- Utilizes CMS systems like Hootsuite, Spinklr and Spreadfast
- Analyzes and handles social media metrics reporting and identifying relevant KPIs
- Works with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and other editing tools
Master's degree and 2 years of Journalism and/or Communications and/or Marketing experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Journalism and/or Communications and/or Marketing experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Journalism and/or Communications and/or Marketing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Journalism and/or Communications and/or Marketing experience
- Biotech experience or working in a highly regulated industry experience highly desirable
- 5+ years of dedicated social media experience
- Experience with Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and TiKTok
- Experience using CMS systems like Hootsuite, Spinklr and Spreadfast
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and other editing tools
- 1+ years of experience leading projects
- Strong writing and project management skills
- Experience launching new social media platforms and websites, and aligning a global organization to those activities
- Experience in moving needle with on social media engagement
- Experience in writing clever, insightful and stimulating content
- Operates in a way that is science-based, using data to inform content development
- Models ethical behavior to teams and colleagues in the production and development of external content on social channels
- Accountable for rapid delivery of high-quality content on social channels and deliver results
- In recognition of peer presence of social media sites, works to contend deeply and win in this space
- Experience coaching and developing high-performing direct reports responsible for content development
- Ability to work within a broad global organization
- Capable of working with multiple partners to passionately simplify and optimize complex systems and structures
- Handles pressure and demands from multiple internal clients with contending priorities
- Acts quickly with same day content creation and publishing
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.