Senior Manager, Program Management
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated project manager to join our team to oversee project plans, timelines, partnerships, and budgets. This position will report into the Senior Director of Program Management. Primary responsibilities will include integrating and managing projects to successful decision points from early research through Regulatory submissions. This person will work with sub teams to manage multiple programs towards defined objectives. Additional opportunities include helping to build the PM function, optimizing processes, and providing strong leadership as the company grows.
- Establish and maintain timelines for multiple programs aligned with the mission and goals of the company
- Facilitate team alignment and integration of goals
- Oversee budget preparation, tracking, and be the primary interface with finance team
- Manage program and project team meetings ensuring cross-functional communication, decision making, and alignment
- Be the primary point of contact for program-related activities and decisions
- Support and manage external partners and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate and improve team effectiveness to ensure project objectives are being met within specified budget and timelines
- Identify opportunities to improve operations, make recommendations to leadership, and oversee their implementation
- Communicate, coordinate and present program updates to company leadership
- Negotiate and get alignment from internal and external stakeholders
- Dynamic, team-oriented individual able to interact with individuals in different functions
- Strategic thinker able to use a business overlay in decision making and project oversight
- Advanced degree in science is desired (e.g., M.S., Ph.D.) plus the knowledge and skills typically acquired through a minimum of 8 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Project management experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in drug development
- Proficiency with project management tools
- Experience planning and managing budgets
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package