Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc. is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated researcher to join our team with experience in immune, in vitro, cellular and cancer biology.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute a broad range of cell based functional and phenotypic assays for characterization of engineered NK and T-cells to accelerate projects in pre-clinical development.
- Conduct in vitro mechanism of action studies using primary human or mouse immune cells and cell lines to evaluate activity of candidate therapies.
- Provide support for NK expansion and downstream characterization of NK function via flow-based and IncuCyte cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release and proliferation testing and phenotyping.
- Provide team support for basic laboratory tasks including tissue culture of various cell lines and virus production
- Conduct experiments independently; accurately record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
- BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 5+ years of laboratory experience, MS in biology-related discipline with 0-3+ years related laboratory experience.
- Experience with tissue culture of cell lines is required and experience with culture of primary immune cells and primary tumor tissue is preferred
- Experience executing cellular characterization assays including ELISA, immune cell phenotyping, cytotoxicity (FACS & image based), proliferation.
- Proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to supervisor and project teams
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401k match, and a comprehensive benefits package.