Ethics and Compliance Officer, Operations
Provide strategic direction and leadership for Operations Support function in the Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC). Specific areas of responsibility include: Policies and Procedures, Training, Communications, Code of Business Conduct, Global Strategic Systems and Monitoring, and Global Transparency.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
Key Responsibilities Includes:
Responsible to streamline OEC processes and identify synergies across OEC and the enterprise in all areas and develop vision and strategic plan for Training, Communications, Global Strategic Systems and Monitoring, and Global Transparency. Actively seek out diverse perspectives to implement the design and delivery of programs and initiatives to foster a diverse and inclusive culture in OEC Partnership with the leadership team to model "The Ways We Work" (AbbVie Leadership Behaviors) and foster an environment where every employee is engaged and inspired to contribute their best. Work with leadership and staff to recognize communications opportunities and execute appropriate strategies to support them Oversee staff of approximately 15-20 members and develop talent management strategies for team and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality Manage department budget and related financial updates and provide oversight for implementation of effective compliance program with emphasis on policies/procedures, training, communication, monitoring, and data analytics. Oversee risk assessment activities and perform proactive ongoing review of evolving external regulatory requirements and identify opportunities to enhance compliance program and devise plans to implement program updates to mitigate significant risk. Develop materials and presentations for executive leadership, Board of Directors and government contacts and develop organizational compliance strategy by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct or practices Collaborate with other functions, determining accountability, and review and resolution of instances of non-compliance. Establish measurements, develop and oversee control systems to prevent and address violations of legal guidelines and internal policies while anticipating emerging trends
- Develop vision and strategic plan for OEC Operations Support function in alignment with company strategic objectives, and drive the development, implementation, and monitoring of ethics and compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws/regulations.
- 15+ years of ethics/compliance experience (i.e. Fraud & abuse, government investigations, financial compliance, and/or regulatory)
- JD or Masters, preferred
- Successful previous responsibility in establishing and/or maintaining a significant based compliance program (regional, functional)
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (preferably pharma)
- Significant experience in a global compliance program
- Ability to lead and inspire teams with and without direct line of control
- High integrity, urgency and proven track record of independent judgment
- Fluency in English