Associate Business System Consultant - HR Service Center Applications
Default point of contact for IT with the business; broker's contracts between IT and the business and resolves client and IT relationship issues. Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems. Responsible for developing, defining, designing, governing and delivering Employee Portal, Case Management (Salesforce), and Knowledge Management solutions that enable and enhance AbbVie' s Human Resource Service Center business area. This position is accountable to ensure high quality solution designs meet current and anticipated business needs. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Create and manage users, profiles, roles and permission sets in Salesforce.
- Customize fields, page layouts, record types, reports and dashboards.
Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Assist in data import/export/updates, system customization.
- Provide day to day end user support and assist users with best practices to improve and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Assist with training end users on the use of Salesforce.com
- Maintain data and system security and integrity in Salesforce
- Create training and user documentation, and maintain ongoing documentation processes as business needs evolve or features are added.
- Troubleshoot Salesforce issues and escalate as needed.
- Create training and user documentation, and maintain ongoing documentation processes as business needs evolve or features are added
- Elicits and communicates the organization's business strategy; works directly with business unit clients (HR & Payroll) to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies technical capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of Employee Portal and Case Management systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Develops information systems strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
- Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Act as the application and process subject matter expert (SME) for the Employee Portal, Case Management (Salesforce), and Knowledge Management functions.
- Develop Solution Design, and Functional Requirements documentation.
- Lead Requirements Gathering Sessions, and Integrated Testing cycles for projects.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams, and other IT and business stake holders, to ensure the successful planning and execution of systems projects.
- Identify and implement ongoing opportunities for system and process improvements for Employee Portal and Case Management Systems.
- Follow ITIL based processes to ensure cost effective, continuous operation of the Portal and Case Management systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator designing, implementing and supporting Salesforce Service Cloud and Community Cloud. Should be able to articulate Business functionality and how it can be mapped to SDFC out of the box, and potential places for customization. SalesForce.com certification is highly desired.
• Understanding of Employee Portal and Case Management processes.
• Ability to facilitate requirements gathering workshops and working knowledge of System Life Cycle.
• Experience working with global user base.
• Ability to lead multiple concurrent projects by preparing and tracking formal project plans.
• Salesforce.com Administrator Certification