Senior Technology Engineer I - API & Integration Services
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Organization is looking for a Senior Technology Engineer for the API & Integration Services team to manage the architecture, design, development and release of APIs, Microservices, Enterprise Services Bus solutions across all US brands to enable real time integration of data and enable exceptional patient experience. This position will be responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Enterprise Integration Services in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. The individual will work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time. The individual on this position will also work very close to the stakeholders and the external agencies and plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical system integrations across the Commercial Organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the design, development, testing and documentation of complex programs from approved specifications, and subsequent iterations, using the operating model process and best practices.
- Perform the work efforts estimation, designs the API as per the TIBCO architecture and leads the offshore team for development. Mentor less experienced colleagues as needed.
- Leads in the API builds from the software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
- Oversees the QC scripts and testing performed by the offshore team and evaluates the test results. Develops an understanding of the role of testing with API development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Uses the process for release and deployment activities and performs the impact analysis.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Provides the support to the application teams by assisting in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to integrations.
- Collaborates with Business System Analysts across the organization in creation of functional/technical specs and solution designs for all integration services including mapping documents.
- Designs integration service interfaces & schemas using industry standards, patterns and canonical representations.
- Develops services using Enterprise Message Service (EMS)/JMS, TIBCO Adapters, JAVA, SOA, SOAP, REST, JSON, SQL, Micro Services and Unix/Linux.
- Develop and execute unit and performance tests of integration services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 7+ years of development experience using TIBCO Enterprise Message Service, Designer/Studio and other TIBCO suite of products.
- Strong experience in managing and monitoring TIBCO using tools such as TIBCO Administrator, HAWK and API Management
- Expertise in Java, JMS, SOAP, REST, JSON, SQL, XML technologies and knowledge of GitHub, Jenkins and Unix/Linux shell scripts.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro-Services based solutions.
- Hands on experience developing complex services/solutions based on Enterprise Integration Patterns and Coding best practices.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product and a strong team player.
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model.
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user's experience.
- Proven track record of effective product development leadership and managing risk and priorities.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and experience with Agile delivery.
- Strong problem-solving skills in a very complex area of high volume of transactions, with integration builds a per each application specific needs in the eco system.
- Broad knowledge of Business Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Commercial domain.