Professional Society / Cooperative Group Liaison
The US Oncology Medical Affairs team at Amgen is looking for a Professional Society / Cooperative Group Liaison that will help build and manage relationships with oncology professional societies and cooperative groups to accelerate development of marketed products and early pipeline assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategic partnerships with oncology societies and cooperative groups as aligned with Amgen oncology vision/strategy
- Orchestrate and strengthen relationships between Amgen Oncology and key decision makers within oncology societies and cooperative groups
- Liaise between oncology professional societies and cooperative groups and Amgen cross-functional teams (medical, development, clinical operations, patient advocacy)
- Coordinate meetings to facilitate the implementation of strategic initiatives
Doctorate degree and 2 years of scientific and relationship/project management experience
Master's degree and 6 years of scientific and relationship/project management experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of scientific and relationship/project management experience
- 5 years of industry or oncology research experience
- Expertise in building and/or coordinating strategic relationships with oncology professional societies and cooperative groups
- Ability to liaise with cross-functional team members and effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Ability to formulate strategic initiatives and communicate with key partners to determine areas of common interest
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Discretion in dealing with proprietary information
This position can be located in Thousand Oaks, CA or remote in the USA.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.