Marketing Senior Manager, Promotions, Bone Health
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
Osteoporosis affects nearly 13 million men and women in the U.S., but as of 2018, only ~25% of affected individuals are treated despite a growing elderly population. Although osteoporosis has many generic options available, Amgen has emerged as the leader in this therapeutic area with our flagship brand, Prolia® which launched in 2010, and EVENITY ® which launched in Q2 2019. 9 years in market, Prolia continues to deliver strong growth of ~24% year on year and in 2018 treated over 1 million patients in the US and 3.5 million worldwide. A key driver of new patient growth is the successful activity of our sales force to educate HCPs on the burden of osteoporosis and how Prolia can significantly reduce fracture risk for appropriate patients in need.
Amgen has an opportunity for a strong leader and innovative marketer to be the Senior Marketing Manager to join the US Prolia HCP Promotions team. This role will lead planning, executing, and measuring the HCP sales promotional strategy and tactical execution of HCP personal promotions activities across 5 indications, and multiple business units and sales teams. Responsibilities will include the Prolia HCP Promotional marketing creative campaign, message platform, and core sales force tools (including the Core Visual Aid, leave behinds, semester meetings, etc.).
The Senior Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Prolia HCP Promotions, and the role will have a direct report Marketing Manager. This role will also have ownership and accountability for leading and managing all agency partners as well as coordinating the budget investments to deliver results.
Importantly, this role will require strong partnership across key functions (including Business Analysis & Insights, Marketing Operations, Sales Planning, Sales Training, Multi-Channel Marketing, Value & Access, Medical Affairs, Legal and Regulatory, and Global Marketing).
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual seeking to join a high performing team committed to the successful growth of Prolia and to serving patients and their families affected by osteoporosis.
- Developing promotional campaigns, messages, programs and sales tools
- Helping to guide strategic decisions and ensuring flawless execution of promotional campaigns and programs for health care professionals
- Coordinating the work of agency of record, multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, sales, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, value and access
- Managing program budgets and developing metrics to ensure success of the promotional programs
- Collaboration with other business units (BU) promoting the brand and with other brands within the BU
- Leading projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Leading semester sales meetings across multiple sales teams
- Engaging often with the field to ensure creation and roll out of high impact, high value marketing tools that drive appropriate use of the brand
- Collaborating with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, premier training on promotional tools and programs
- Leading label changes for healthcare professional materials
- Managing the performance of and supporting the development of their direct report Marketing Manager who will provide project management and execution for key initiatives including: the Field Input Team, sales and marketing communications, derivative sales tools, semester meeting support, inventory management, budget tracking, label update coordination and tracking
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- MBA in marketing, healthcare management, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products
- Biopharmaceutical sales experience in bone health or other specialty and primary care markets
- Demonstrated track-record of growing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills in large audience settings
- Proven track record of working effectively with regulatory, legal and medical teams in approval of multiple promotional materials
- Track record of strong cross functional relationships with Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Information Systems organization, Advocacy, Compliance, Global marketing and Sales Operations
- Significant experience in handling comprehensive budgets including assessing level of investment, tactical planning, budget allocation, timely initiation of projects and billing to keep on track against planned quarterly targets
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.