Analyst, Business Systems
Drives the development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications. Provides specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. Manages application and data lifecycle. Maintains the application's data and improves performance and usability. Identifies, implements and maintains system modifications that improve productivity within the systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, work flow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring client understands the final results of the project.
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the Purchasing Systems Manager regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- Produces requirements for mainframe reports, time lines, and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests, development of ad-hoc database reporting, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- Monitors and audits the use of the systems; executes system control practices and purchasing procedures for regulatory and compliance.
- Accountable to the purchasing customer and purchasing management for the control and administration of purchasing systems. Systems implemented must meet projected timelines and customer expectations. The incumbent supports various mainframe, Lotus Notes, stand-alone applications, divisional interfaced systems that impact the overall purchasing process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent plus 4-7 or more years technical experience, or Master's degree plus 5 or more years' experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency.
- Experience with global scale manufacturing systems (ERP/LIMS/MES/PCS, OSI/PI, Track & Trace) development, integration and support.
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of SDLC in a cGXP environment
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of systems validation
- ITIL expertise including performance metrics development and management.
Total combined experience required: BS + 3; MS + 0