Senior Engineer, Technology I
Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, implement and support data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle. This includes validation, change control, CAPA and other cGXP policies and procedures.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
- Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices. Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Adapt work schedule to support the business operations. This includes maintenance works, replacements, upgrades, migrations and other changes to systems in production during off-peek ours. This might require working overtime, overnight or on weekends and holidays and to be on call during the off hours to attend any emergency or critical problem that may arise with the systems in the area of responsibility. Work may be required inside a pharmaceutical products manufacturing facility that require special restriction conditions. Systems used to support the business operations must be supported 7 days a week and 24 hours a day continuously.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent plus 4-7 or more years technical experience, or Master's degree plus 5 or more years' experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency.
- Experience with global scale manufacturing systems (ERP/LIMS/MES/PCS, OSI/PI, Track & Trace) development, integration and support
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of SDLC in a cGXP environment
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of systems validation
- Highly skilled with shop floor devices infrastructure application integration support (PC's, printers, barcode scanners, serial devices, manufacturing testing equipment)
- Highly skilled in architecture infrastructure application integration (network, servers, databases)
- ITIL expertise including performance metrics development and management.
Total combined experience required: BS + 10; MS + 8; PhD + 0