Amgen is seeking an IS Engineer at its site in West Greenwich, RI to join the Information Systems team. This position will report to the Sr Manager, Information Systems and will act as the technical SME for manufacturing applications at the site.
The site Information Systems team supports manufacturing technology that is leveraged across the site. The IS Engineer as a manufacturing applications SME plays a critical role in building and maintaining strong partnership with the business.
- Deliver technical oversight to application delivery for the business.
- Ensure that systems are implemented and maintained in compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 and follows the IS Project Management Lifecycle Methodology.
- Coordination of business process and system issues across multiple departments, functions and locations.
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, business case development and troubleshooting on computerized systems.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose technical solutions in a scientific manner using data-driven techniques and analyses.
- Work schedule flexibility to support 24/7 operations, occasional after-hours coverage.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Engineering or Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 4 years of Engineering or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Engineering or Information Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or related technological field
- 4+ years of experience with operations/manufacturing environment
- Direct experience with regulated environments (e.g. cGMP, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability and performance improvements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities.
- Sound understanding of basic engineering principles and ability to apply them to resolve process issues.
- Strong computer skills and possess the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications.
- Energetic and technically-minded individual.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.