Business System Consultant, Immunology Financial Services
US Commercial Business Technology Solutions is seeking to hire a Business Systems Consultant to identify opportunities to establish innovative Access and Reimbursement solutions to help our patients. This resource will be responsible for the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems within US Patient Services Access & Reimbursement. The resource analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. The role translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements. The Business Systems Consultant will be a subject matter expert on the state of the Access & Reimbursement landscape within the Industry, will help define the future state solution capabilities and participate in the execution of the transformation roadmap.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with US Patient Services Business Partners and Vendors to understand specific business processes, business drivers and business strategy across multiple brands; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology;
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the portfolio of product and investigates available technologies or innovations applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10-12 years of related work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of NCPDP telecommunication/SCRIPT standards and pharmacy/medical claims adjudication systems and processes; ePrescribing systems and processes; and ePA systems and processes to identify process and solution enhancements
- Detailed knowledge FinTech, PayTech platforms and emerging innovative financial solutions tools
- Knowledge of Copay solutions, innovative solution providers such as GoodRx
- Knowledge of innovative pharmacy solution providers such as Pillpack
- Experience with Reimbursement hub processes in order to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, budgeting, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills