Senior Associate - Protein Technologies
Amgen is a global biotechnology company that discovers and develops breakthrough therapies to treat serious human illnesses. Our mission is to serve patients around the world and our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen's Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative Senior Associate to join the Protein Technologies group at our Amgen British Columbia site. Protein Technologies is responsible for designing, planning and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and cutting-edge novel modalities. We have openings in molecular biology as well as recombinant protein expression and purification, and can craft an opportunity that is the best fit for you and your experience. Well-suited applicants will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment. These individuals will also have a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for tackling difficult research challenges.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of scientific experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related discipline and 2 years of scientific laboratory experience.
- Broad training in molecular biology techniques including:
- Hands on experience in cloning and construct design
- Familiarity with DNA analysis software
- Expertise with recombinant protein expression and/or purification, including
- Mammalian tissue culture experience
- Cell line generation including experience with transfection on mammalian expression platforms
- Training in protein biochemistry, including proficiency in protein purification methods, with experience with chromatography instrumentation preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated scientific analysis and problem-solving skills
Amgen endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact TalentAcquisitionInquiries@amgen.com to make a request and ensure you include the requisition number.
Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview .