Medical Director, US Medical Lead - XGEVA
The US Medical Organization, Medical Director, Oncology, US Medical Leader (USML) is the single point of accountability and matrix leader for US Medical strategies, including US launch and life cycle management.
In our mission to serve patients, speed is absolutely critical. We're rapidly expanding our hiring initiatives and are excited to unite with the most passionate and brilliant scientific minds who want to join our team - working toward our mission of advancing high potential programs for cancer patients around the world.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Leading the development, execution and communication of the US Medical Team (USMT) plan.
- Collaborating with the US Brand Team in the brand/launch planning process to ensure alignment between medical and brand activities
- Data generation in the US (including Ph4, HE, Observational, and Non-Amgen Sponsored Clinical Research (NASCR)) in partnership with Development Operations, Center for Observational Research and Global Health Economics in support of global development and regional strategies
- Partnering with the Amgen Therapeutic Area (TA) field-based, Regional Medical Liaisons (RMLs) and HOPE (Health Outcomes and Payer) RML teams to develop and maintain relationships with external clinical community, including interactions with opinion leaders, payers and medical societies for scientific exchange
- Developing US advocacy plan in partnership with Medical Communications, US Value & Access, and Global Development
- Providing US-focused medical input into global Development strategy, study design and deliverables (e.g., protocol, CSR, manuscript)
- Ensuring consistency of clinical content and scientific messages across publications and materials
- Budgeting and forecast accuracy within area of responsibility
- Coaching, mentoring and developing team members
- Provide interpretation of clinical study data
MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
2 years of medical affairs, clinical research experience and/or basic science research in Oncology
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Oncology, board certified or board eligible
- 5+ years of medical affairs experience in the pharma/biotech industry
- 5+ years of patient clinical experience
- 3+ years of clinical research experience in Oncology
- Management and leadership experience in a direct report and non-direct report framework with complex cross-functional responsibilities
- Experience with clinical study management and conduct
- Familiarity with US health care compliance considerations
- Experience with opinion leader interactions
- Experience with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and payers
- Pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle and commercialization process knowledge with advanced understanding of other functions; including, but not limited to, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
- Network of customer contacts in Oncology
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.