CRM Administrator / Salesforce developer
Amgen is seeking a CRM Administrator / Salesforce developer at its Tampa, FL Facility to join the Global Commercial Operations IS (GCOIS) Organization. This role will report to the Senior Manager of IS (Information Systems) and be part of the IS Sales Services team.
The position will provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership to assist the US Business Operations. This role acts as an intermediary between the business and the technical communities working with IS project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business needs into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which solutions are developed.
This hands-on role will have a strong focus on CRM operations and capabilities aligned to marketing and sales optimization. A strong core background in CRM systems, relational databases and API/database integrations is essential to succeed in this role. Salesforce administrative support and familiarity specifically with the Veeva suite of applications will greatly assist in coming up to full speed in this position.
IS Sales Services oversee and manages all technologies related to the Amgen US sales force. This team earns their recognition as trusted advisors to the commercial business by providing innovative insights and stable platforms that empower sales and marketing teams to meet strategic objectives.
As part of a USBO IS team this person will responsible to:
- Support sales operations by managing the sales CRM processes and systems
- Develop, configure and maintain solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Collaborate with product owners to identify product and technical requirements, and act as a subject matter expert for the assigned project.
- Analyzing business requirements to independently convert them into system requirements.
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives.
- Supports implementation activities and troubleshooting system environmental issues.
- Estimate Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Hands on experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platforms (e.g. SFDC, Veeva)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server and Oracle)
- Knowledge of how technology can drive multiple sales channels, including field sales, inside sales, and contracted sales organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills (i.e. effectively promote and negotiate business cases or ideas; influence stakeholders using data and insights)
- Familiarity with Agile scrum methodology
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment. Self-starter with hands-on attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking and problem solving capability
- Experience collaborating and achieving results across highly matrixed organization, including non-technical stakeholders, compliance teams, IS peers, vendors and other IT teams
- Strong project management and organizational skills including effective delegation techniques, strong issues and risk management experience, and strong intra-team coordination skills
- Ability to quickly understand new business processes and to recognize the relevant business questions associated with a business process
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.