Director of Cloud Adoption
Director, Cloud Adoption
Are you eager to push your technical skills in a new direction and make a large business impact across a leading biotechnology company? We are seeking a Director of Cloud Adoption working in our Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) who possess a unique balance between strong technical depth and proven business expertise. This blend of skills will enable you to successfully launch and grow a new enterprise cloud adoption team. Your team members should be passionate about motivating diverse teams at Amgen to use cloud services in delivering drug therapies to patients that address grievous illnesses.
The opportunity is yours to hire knowledgeable and skilled staff as you build your motivated team. Your new team will construct the framework for generating company-wide organizational change embracing solutions using automated DevOps capabilities working within the cloud ecosystem. You will have a proven ability to use your interpersonal skills to communicate and gain immediate credibility with engineering staff at all levels as well as with senior executives and the CIO. You should feel comfortable thinking strategically as well as tactically about how technical cloud services answer business needs; you will be able to understand client and customer objectives in a complex biotech environment that includes R&D, manufacturing, and sales and marketing.
You and your team will be responsible for crafting and delivering three key programs focused on building momentum for cloud transformation. These programs will aid in creating education, training, and consulting practices to enable real-world changes in how our client teams across Amgen use cloud technologies. In addition, your team should set standards and create standardized methodologies for our global teams. These standards will enable us to meet our business needs easier, faster, and more cost effectively through using automation and cloud services.
The three programs:
- First, create an application migration program working with Amgen client teams, the CCOE DevOps team, and vendor partners to move applications from our on-premise datacenter into our cloud ecosystem. This migration will be expected to use our established DevOps pipelines and automation to enable appropriate levels of transformation in the migration process.
- Next, lead the effort to train, empower, and set standards for enabling application optimization, SSDLC, and DevOps enablement. You will work with our application teams across the business units and help drive the use of automation pipelines and testing in the DevOps framework to reach new standards of application excellence.
- And finally, accelerate the adoption of cloud services using a combination of training, consulting, and one-on-one team engagements. Using these techniques, along with other methods, you will help our teams throughout Amgen move towards a programmatic, cloud-enabled future.
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of related IS experience
- Master's degree and 8 years of related IS experience
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of related IS experience
- Experience as the lead or catalyst for building an innovative change program which integrated ground breaking technical services with business needs among different BUs.
- Proven success collaborating with the multi-functional teams to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, and create and execute business plans to build new enterprise services and/or new processes
- 6+ years' experience designing/engineering and implementing large-scale, enterprise technical services
- 5+ years leading, hiring, managing, and energizing high-functioning and successful teams
- 3+ years' working in organization process optimization, communication, organizational change, educating, and consulting while driving modification for a company-wide initiative
- 2+ years' experience with testing and deploying applications in a public cloud environment using an end-to-end DevOps framework
- Experience with production cloud solutions, virtual and containerized platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
- Understanding security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Familiarity and/or experience with Amazon's Web Service (AWS) platform and its associated key services, such as RDBMS systems, NoSQL systems, Storage systems, and some experience with data analytics using technologies like Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Amazon RedShift, and Amazon Kinesis.
We understand that to successfully sustain our role as a top tier biotechnology company and deliver for patients, we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.