Global Marketing Senior Manager, Cardiovascular Franchise - Repatha
This Global Marketing Senior Manager role, within Amgen's Global Product Strategy and Commercial Innovation organization, will report to the Global Marketing Executive Director, Cardiovascular Franchise, and partner closely with the Global Strategy Director and the Promotions Senior Marketing Manager.
This position is based at Amgen's Global Headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California.
Oversees Global Ecosystem Solutions:
- Identifies and advances innovative patient ecosystem solutions for experimentation and development
- Supports countries in the development of an integrated patient ecosystem through either direct solutions or solution frameworks/toolkits
- Commissions and oversees market research in partnership with Business Analytics and Informatics (BA&I) to generate deep customer, competitive, and marketplace insights
Drives Internal Communication:
- Manages the "Repatha Pulse" global newsletter that communicates timely and important information to all regional and country stakeholders
- Works with Corporate Communications to create aligned "narratives" for internal and external communication
- Manages the "Repatha Digital Hub" where regions and countries access key global resources and best practice documents
- Contributes to internal global summits at the top cardiovascular congresses (e.g. ACC, ESC, and AHA), including presenting content as appropriate
- Builds internal cross-functional networks
Acts As The Patient Champion:
- Acts as the patient champion for the team by bringing the patient voice to cross-functional team members and ensuring it is embedded in day-to-day activities and decision-making
- Participates in "Delivering Customer Delight" pilots as the global representative, as appropriate
Works in Teams:
- Serves as a core member of relevant global teams (as appropriate) and works to support a high-performing team dynamic
- Partners with key functional stakeholders to advance Global Project Strategy and Commercial Innovation projects
- Partners with regional and country-based colleagues, as needed
- Supports brand planning, strategic initiatives, and promotions projects, as necessary
- Identifies, contracts, and manages external agencies and vendors including creative agencies, consultants, etc.,
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- 6+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in a strategic regional or global function
- Demonstrated record of strong commercialization planning and execution
- Experience in cardiovascular therapeutic area and marketing to cardiologists
- Experience in building digital solutions for patients and/or healthcare professionals
- Scientific study/degree (e.g. biology) or proven learning agility with respect to scientific concepts
- Demonstrates people management/influence skills and demonstrates networking capabilities
- Applies advanced communication and presentation skills (fluency in PowerPoint) and communicates effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work with agency partners to develop impactful solutions based on customer and market insights
- Demonstrates ability to analyze competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers, and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of competitive products and services within the market
- Develops a long-term strategy based on analysis of the industry and market, Amgen's current and potential capabilities, and differentiating attributes of the assets
Operates Effectively and Efficiently:
- Possesses strong project management skills
- Displays strong organizational and time management skills; delivers on commitments in a timely manner
- Possesses a strong work ethic and an ability to handle/manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Applies advanced analytical skills (fluency in Excel and financial modeling)
- Demonstrates strong industry knowledge and commercial attitude
- Examines and understands issues from multiple points of view, readily sees inter-relationships and cause and effect relationships; takes a systematic approach to successfully resolving all issues
Role Models Positive Behaviors:
- Serves as a role model for Amgen Values and a resource to others in promoting open, honest, and cooperative relationships throughout the organization
- Ensures quality
- Takes initiative and acts pro-actively, enthusiastically, and creatively
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
At Amgen, contributions are recognized - and strong performance is rewarded. Regularly recognized as a "Best Place to Work," we enable staff to chart their own career paths based on their unique talents by offering challenging assignments, active career development, coaching and individual rewards
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.